Pokesdown Community Primary School is based on the firm belief that everyone can learn the skills necessary to reach their academic, creative, physical and spiritual potential; to have confidence, determination and resilience as learners and to become compassionate and responsible citizens.
Our motto is: Today’s Effort – Tomorrow’s World
Our vision is to serve our diverse community, in a rapidly changing world, by providing an exciting, enriching education that challenges our children in an inclusive, secure and positive environment.
All members of the community at Pokesdown Primary School will:
- Enjoy an exciting and innovative curriculum that develops and widens their knowledge of the world.
- Develop the skills and enthusiasm needed for life-long learning.
- Embrace challenges that deepen knowledge and understanding through creative thinking and enquiry.
- Learn to reflect on learning experiences and build resilience.
- Be nurtured to develop self-confidence, self-awareness and self-respect.
- Celebrate diversity, demand equality and foster attitudes of compassion and respect between all members of the school community and in the wider world.
- Conquer the unexpected, unplanned and unscripted through resilience and recognising that learning continues in different ways embracing digital technologies and innovative approaches.